Gangrape victim attempts suicide in court
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
"After police refused to lodge our complaint we hired a private lawyer and filed a case in the court (October 2007). Since then we have been regularly visiting court but nothing has happened. The culprits are still at large. They were never arrested or were called for court appearance. On the contrary, we are being called like the accused," said her father.
After court's intervention, police probed the matte and filed a summary report in 2008 saying that the victim was in love with the accused. But their relationship broke and to defame Vaishnav she lodged a complaint. However, the court was not satisfied with the report and order to probe it further in July 2010.