Gangrape victim joins probe
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
FIVE days after a case was registered against five dismissed UT Police constables for allegedly gangraping a minor, the 17-year-old victim on Tuesday joined the investigation being conducted by an all-woman Special Investigation Team (SIT).
"Now that the victim has joined the investigation, we are looking into all the aspects of the case. The contents of the FIR are being verified," said SIT head Deputy Superintendent of Police Kamla Meena.
The victim, who cooperated with the police and a team from the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL), was taken to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, by Inspector Harjit Kaur, a member of the SIT. She was made to undergo ultrasound scan, ossification test, X-rays and a dental check-up. The victim's DNA samples and her blood samples were also collected by CFSL.
The ossification test, X-rays and dental check-ups were conducted to ascertain the victim's age. Reports will be made available to the police on Thursday.
A source in the police department said that on being asked to send a certificate confirming her date of birth, the victim's school authorities sent a letter to the UT
Police on Monday stating her date of birth. "According to the school records, the victim's age is 17 years," added the source.
The SIT questioned the victim for about four hours. She was shown photographs of the accused and was asked to identify each one of them and their respective roles in committing the crime.
"We are in the process of examining the evidence. The CFSL team joined the SIT to take the investigation forward," said Senior Superintendent of Police Sukhchain
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today