Gangrape victim ostracised in Chhattisgarh village
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- One dead in Odisha post-poll violence
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: DD beat KKR by four wickets
A 15-year-old victim of gangrape in tribal-dominated Lailunga area of the district is allegedly facing social boycott.
The girl was raped last month and 10 persons were arrested for the crime.
It was alleged that she and her family were facing boycott by the locals at Kupapani village following the incident after which police officers visited the village and held a meeting.
"We recently visited the village and had a meeting," Lailunga police station in-charge I Tirki told PTI today.
"In the meeting, local MLA Hridayaram Rathiya as well as leader of local Gond community dismissed reports (of boycott), saying that village panchayat had not issued any boycott call," he said.
However, a villager told PTI on condition of anonymity that village elders did ask the family not to show up at functions, saying that the girl had 'vitiated' the atmosphere.
The victim was raped by ten youths, including two minors, when she had gone to her relatives' place in Patthalgaon in the district on December 2.