Gangrape victim ostracised in Chhattisgarh village
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
A 15-year-old victim of gangrape in tribal-dominated Lailunga area of the district is allegedly facing social boycott.
The girl was raped last month and 10 persons were arrested for the crime.
It was alleged that she and her family were facing boycott by the locals at Kupapani village following the incident after which police officers visited the village and held a meeting.
"We recently visited the village and had a meeting," Lailunga police station in-charge I Tirki told PTI today.
"In the meeting, local MLA Hridayaram Rathiya as well as leader of local Gond community dismissed reports (of boycott), saying that village panchayat had not issued any boycott call," he said.
However, a villager told PTI on condition of anonymity that village elders did ask the family not to show up at functions, saying that the girl had 'vitiated' the atmosphere.
The victim was raped by ten youths, including two minors, when she had gone to her relatives' place in Patthalgaon in the district on December 2.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer