Braveheart Delhi gangrape victim in a desperate, but spirited fight for her life, say docs
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Modi's name
Lauding the girl's spirit, Athani said she has an immense fighting spirit as despite sustaining such grievous injuries, "she had been stable and remained almost alert and withstood to, apart from assault, the all exploratory interventions."
"She is a brave girl and withstanding right from the day of assault till today everything."
Asked if she was communicating, Athani said, "She is conscious but not able to speak as there is a tube inside for ventilation as she is on ventilator. She is able to communicate with gestures. We are not disturbing her again and again to communicate and we know that she is alert."
Doctors, who have been treating her, have termed her case as "extremely unusual and extremely rare" and said they have never seen such grave injuries to the intestine in cases of sexual assault.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota