Gangraped young woman set on fire in West Bengal
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A 24-year old woman was set on fire today after being allegedly abducted and gangraped by a neighbour and his friends at a village near here, police sources said.
According to an FIR by the victim's father, Sunil Das, of Ramajotha village lodged with the Bagdogra police he found his daughter on fire at the house of his neighbour Santosh Barui after being informed by other villagers.
The woman was admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital with severe burns, the sources said.
The father alleged that his daughter was kidnapped by Barui on December 14 and gangraped by him and his friends after drugging her.
When the woman regained her senses and tried to escape, Barui allegedly poured kerosene and set her alight, the FIR said.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food