Gangraped young woman set on fire in West Bengal
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A 24-year old woman was set on fire today after being allegedly abducted and gangraped by a neighbour and his friends at a village near here, police sources said.
According to an FIR by the victim's father, Sunil Das, of Ramajotha village lodged with the Bagdogra police he found his daughter on fire at the house of his neighbour Santosh Barui after being informed by other villagers.
The woman was admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital with severe burns, the sources said.
The father alleged that his daughter was kidnapped by Barui on December 14 and gangraped by him and his friends after drugging her.
When the woman regained her senses and tried to escape, Barui allegedly poured kerosene and set her alight, the FIR said.