Gangraped young woman set on fire in West Bengal
- Holding talks with Nawaz Sharif important, efforts will be on improving ties: Sushma Swaraj in Islamabad
- Delhi: Odd-even restrictions from 8 am to 8 pm, penalty being discussed
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul attack govt, say its political vendetta
- Taliban militants attack airport in Afghan city of Kandahar
- Two militants killed in encounter on Srinagar-Jammu Highway
A 24-year old woman was set on fire today after being allegedly abducted and gangraped by a neighbour and his friends at a village near here, police sources said.
According to an FIR by the victim's father, Sunil Das, of Ramajotha village lodged with the Bagdogra police he found his daughter on fire at the house of his neighbour Santosh Barui after being informed by other villagers.
The woman was admitted to the North Bengal Medical College Hospital with severe burns, the sources said.
The father alleged that his daughter was kidnapped by Barui on December 14 and gangraped by him and his friends after drugging her.
When the woman regained her senses and tried to escape, Barui allegedly poured kerosene and set her alight, the FIR said.
- GST panel lays out the middle ground for resolving political differences
- Leaders of India, Pak seem to get on better when abroad than at home
- The limits of negativism
- The fundamental duties are essential for an organised polity
- Nepal: Constitutional settlements require statesmanship and generosity, which is missing today
- Several problems with Delhi govt's odd-even formula, decision needs to be rethought