'Gangs of Wasseypur' star Manoj Bajpai gets international film offers
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
'GoW' was premiered at 65th Cannes International Film Festival and screened at Sydney Film Festival among others. The film seems to have been instrumental in getting Bajpai noticed by foreign filmmakers.
"I have received offers...I am going through a script. It has come from an American independent filmmaker and not from any studio. I would love to do an international film," Bajpai told PTI.
His portrayal of Sardar Khan in the revenge drama won him a lot of accolades.
"I think somewhere Anurag Kashyap is my ticket to international films. I keep pestering him to get me scripts. I have got offers and that came through Anurag," the 43-year-old actor said.
Actors like Anil Kapoor and Irrfan Khan are doing Hollywood projects. Bajpai, who is known for playing off-beat and unconventional roles is perfectly fine doing small roles in international projects.
"I remember telling Tabu that if I get to one scene in Oscar winning director Ang Lee's film I will do it. As I believe life is short I don't know when I will get next chance," he said.
"I did 'Veer Zaara' for Yash Chopra. I did the film thinking when will I get opportunity to get directed by Yash Chopra...so I did it purely for him. It was just to get an experience of working with him. But at the same time one should feel the urge to do the film," he said.
The actor will be seen next in Neeraj Pandey's 'Special Chabbis'.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express