Gangster kin shot in UP, MLA Mukhtar Ansari named in FIR
- BJP defends its leadership from attack by party veterans, welcomes guidance and suggestion of 'seniors'
- Advani, Joshi, others issue statement on Bihar debacle; say party captive to handful, ask for review
- Bar bribery case: K M Mani resigns as Finance Minister of Kerala
- Govt eases FDI norms in 15 major sectors, including defence, civil aviation
- OROP: Over 2,000 war veterans return medals, Parrikar says 'behaviour unlike that of a soldier'
Forty-five-year-old Satish Singh, a distant cousin of alleged mafia don Brijesh Singh was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne men in Dhaurahra village of Chaubepur area in Varanasi district Wednesday morning.
Satish was a history-sheeter of Chaubepur police station. Brijesh is currently lodged in jail. Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari, also in jail, and five others have been named in the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Ajay Kumar Singh, son of the victim. Ansari and Brijesh head rival mafia gangs.
"Indra Bahadur Singh alias BKD, Satish Singh (a resident of Saidpur), Vinod Bhardwaj and Atul Rai have been named as those who opened fire on Satish. Ansari and one Sudhir Singh have been named for criminal conspiracy in the FIR," said Inspector General (Varanasi Zone), G L Meena.
- Borrowing costs for states with varying deficits can’t be the same
- There was a silent wave in support of Nitish and Lalu
- A new Indo-US partnership model
- Patriot or nationalist? Why I will never be the latter
- India’s external sector has never been as strong as it has been since 1991-92
- An alarming rise in pollution levels underscores the urgent need for better regulation