Gangster kin shot in UP, MLA Mukhtar Ansari named in FIR
- Cauvery row: Can't release water till December, Karnataka tells SC
- India beat New Zealand by 197 runs in Kanpur Test, take 1-0 series lead
- ISRO successfully places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit
- Shahabuddin bail case: Supreme Court adjourns hearing for Wednesday
- SC refuses urgent hearing on PIL seeking to declare Indus Waters Treaty unconstitutional
Forty-five-year-old Satish Singh, a distant cousin of alleged mafia don Brijesh Singh was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne men in Dhaurahra village of Chaubepur area in Varanasi district Wednesday morning.
Satish was a history-sheeter of Chaubepur police station. Brijesh is currently lodged in jail. Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari, also in jail, and five others have been named in the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Ajay Kumar Singh, son of the victim. Ansari and Brijesh head rival mafia gangs.
"Indra Bahadur Singh alias BKD, Satish Singh (a resident of Saidpur), Vinod Bhardwaj and Atul Rai have been named as those who opened fire on Satish. Ansari and one Sudhir Singh have been named for criminal conspiracy in the FIR," said Inspector General (Varanasi Zone), G L Meena.
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump
- As Russia draws closer to Pakistan and China, India must stop taking it for granted
- A year after, the new constitution is owned only by the political elite
- India urgently wants sporting greatness — but its desire is fraught with dangers
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility