Gangster kin shot in UP, MLA Mukhtar Ansari named in FIR
- ADHM producers vow not to work with Pakistani artists in future, film set for smooth release
- Producers who have cast Pak artists will give Rs 5 crore to army relief fund: Raj Thackeray
- US envoy attends Tawang festival in Arunachal, may irk China
- Local villager spying for Pakistan arrested in J&K, sim cards, map seized
- Activist, aide booked for 'spreading rumours' on Jayalalithaa's health
Forty-five-year-old Satish Singh, a distant cousin of alleged mafia don Brijesh Singh was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne men in Dhaurahra village of Chaubepur area in Varanasi district Wednesday morning.
Satish was a history-sheeter of Chaubepur police station. Brijesh is currently lodged in jail. Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari, also in jail, and five others have been named in the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Ajay Kumar Singh, son of the victim. Ansari and Brijesh head rival mafia gangs.
"Indra Bahadur Singh alias BKD, Satish Singh (a resident of Saidpur), Vinod Bhardwaj and Atul Rai have been named as those who opened fire on Satish. Ansari and one Sudhir Singh have been named for criminal conspiracy in the FIR," said Inspector General (Varanasi Zone), G L Meena.
- 'Liberals' have moved from attacking triple talaq to an all-out attack on a 'right-wing govt
- Bombay must not be silenced — we're all stakeholders in its ability to speak, sing and dance
- Contradictions are mounting within BRICS. India’s diplomacy could explore alternative groupings
- India-EU water management co-operation will benefit millions
- Ilyas Kashmiri's career underlines there is nothing holy about jihad by state and non-state actors
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir