Gangster kin shot in UP, MLA Mukhtar Ansari named in FIR
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Forty-five-year-old Satish Singh, a distant cousin of alleged mafia don Brijesh Singh was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne men in Dhaurahra village of Chaubepur area in Varanasi district Wednesday morning.
Satish was a history-sheeter of Chaubepur police station. Brijesh is currently lodged in jail. Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari, also in jail, and five others have been named in the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Ajay Kumar Singh, son of the victim. Ansari and Brijesh head rival mafia gangs.
"Indra Bahadur Singh alias BKD, Satish Singh (a resident of Saidpur), Vinod Bhardwaj and Atul Rai have been named as those who opened fire on Satish. Ansari and one Sudhir Singh have been named for criminal conspiracy in the FIR," said Inspector General (Varanasi Zone), G L Meena.
"So far, the incident appeared to be a result of a long-standing feud between the families of Satish and BKD, who hail from the same village," said Meena.