Gangster kin shot in UP, MLA Mukhtar Ansari named in FIR
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Forty-five-year-old Satish Singh, a distant cousin of alleged mafia don Brijesh Singh was shot dead by four motorcycle-borne men in Dhaurahra village of Chaubepur area in Varanasi district Wednesday morning.
Satish was a history-sheeter of Chaubepur police station. Brijesh is currently lodged in jail. Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari, also in jail, and five others have been named in the FIR registered on the basis of a complaint lodged by Ajay Kumar Singh, son of the victim. Ansari and Brijesh head rival mafia gangs.
"Indra Bahadur Singh alias BKD, Satish Singh (a resident of Saidpur), Vinod Bhardwaj and Atul Rai have been named as those who opened fire on Satish. Ansari and one Sudhir Singh have been named for criminal conspiracy in the FIR," said Inspector General (Varanasi Zone), G L Meena.
"So far, the incident appeared to be a result of a long-standing feud between the families of Satish and BKD, who hail from the same village," said Meena.