Gap model and jewellery designer Waris Ahluwalia on racism
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Waris Ahluwalia is on a new high these days. While his jewellery creations are coveted by America's swish set, the designer-cum-actor has had an overwhelming response to his modelling stint for US retail giant Gap. Vandals defaced a subway advertisement featuring Ahluwalia by scribbling 'Please stop driving taxis' and replacing 'Make love' on the poster with 'Make bombs'.
These racist comments were handled fabulously on social media by the clothing brand by making the photo its display picture on Twitter. Ahluwalia said, "My work is about the human touch; it is about creating a dialogue between people. And that's what GAP did with their campaign. They showed where our similarities lie. The only way to end racism is by creating dialogue and educating people about other people's cultures."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express