Garbeta killings: No relief for Sushanta
The Calcutta High Court on Tuesday refused to stay the criminal proceedings against CPM MLA Sushanta Ghosh in connection with the recovery of skeletons at Garbeta in West Midnapore in June, 2011. The CID has filed chargesheet against 58 people, including Ghosh and several other CPM leaders. With the High Court refusing to put a stay, the additional sessions court of Midnapore will hear the framing of the charges on February 19.
Justice Kanwaljit Singh Ahluwallia of the High Court was hearing a plea filed by Ghosh challenging the legality of the FIR filed by the police in 2011 after skeletons were recovered from the area. Justice Ahluwallia questioned public prosecutor why the police had to file fresh FIR in the case when three FIRs were already registered related to the incident in 2002.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players