Garden of Celebration
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A large chunk of Mumbai's populace may be driving off to Pune for NH7 Weekender today, but another festival in Mumbai is all set to keep the city's culture cravings satiated. Indiakaleido, a three-day festival being held from November 2 to 4 will take over Horniman Circle Gardens with events celebrating dance, music, art and culture.
The festival is aimed at audiences across all age-groups. It will start this evening with a performance by Prince Dance Group from Orissa, which got national recognition after winning the first season of India's Got Talent. Performances by singer, songwriter and composer Merlin D'Souza are sure to appease those who love fusion. Folk, Sufi and
Indian classical performances will also take place. But perhaps the highlight of the event is the performance by rock band Indian Ocean, which will take place on Friday evening. For children, the festival has workshops in storytelling, puppetry and astronomy among others. The three-day festival is free and open to all.