Garden Reach: Two men arrested
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Two fresh arrests were made on Saturday in the case where an SI was hackled in January when he went to take pictures of illegal, under-construction buildings. The two — Md Aslam and Md Mustafa — known to be close aides of Md Iqbal alias Munna, were present when the police officer was 'confined' to the KMC borough XV office at Garden Reach.
"There has been no arms recovery from them and we will scan footages provided by TV channels to see if they were there on the day Tapas Chowdhury was killed," said a senior official of Garden Reach police station and added that the two would be produced at the court on Sunday and would be taken into police custody for interrogation. "Something crucial is expected to come out of the interrogation of these two," he said.