Gas agencies in city witness last-day rush to fill KYC forms
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
Amar Borhade, who is in charge of Kiran Gas Agency at Lulla Nagar which has around 50,000 customers, said 25-30 per cent people had filled in the forms. "There is total confusion. People with single connections too were at the counter, filling in KYCs. And there were several others who had queued up for something totally different," he said.
Gas agencies kept aside their usual work to concentrate entirely on the KYCs. Suhas Dhamdhere who has an agency at Parvati complained, "The process is really time-consuming, and such a small timeframe is not enough. Also, people have not responded as required."
However, some agencies pointed out that the deadline for submitting forms had been changed four times, and everyone had had enough warning. "There was enough time for customers to respond, but people have been slothful," said a gas agency owner in the Pashan area.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms