Gas agencies in city witness last-day rush to fill KYC forms
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Amar Borhade, who is in charge of Kiran Gas Agency at Lulla Nagar which has around 50,000 customers, said 25-30 per cent people had filled in the forms. "There is total confusion. People with single connections too were at the counter, filling in KYCs. And there were several others who had queued up for something totally different," he said.
Gas agencies kept aside their usual work to concentrate entirely on the KYCs. Suhas Dhamdhere who has an agency at Parvati complained, "The process is really time-consuming, and such a small timeframe is not enough. Also, people have not responded as required."
However, some agencies pointed out that the deadline for submitting forms had been changed four times, and everyone had had enough warning. "There was enough time for customers to respond, but people have been slothful," said a gas agency owner in the Pashan area.
The forms require names, addresses, bank details and Aadhar numbers — if available — to be filled in. Those who fail to submit the forms run the risk of having their connections cancelled.