Gas leak kills 2 in Rajasthan
- LIVE: Modi holds rally on Nitish Kumar's turf; shares stage with Ram Vilas Paswan
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
- Pandemonium in J&K Assembly over Farooq Abdullah's comment on Kashmiris
- Rahul Gandhi's ordinance shortcut loses way
Two workers died and nine others were hospitalised after they inhaled poisonous gas at a lead plant owned by Hindustan Zinc in Rajsamand district of Rajasthan, police said.
Enraged over the incident, workers protested outside the plant and burnt three vehicles including a police van and vandalised property, SP Rajsamand Rahul Katkey said. They also pelted stones at police leaving two policemen injured.
Katkey identified the dead as Devi Lal and Madhav. The cause of the leakage was not known, he said. Nine others were hospitalised in Udaipur where their condition is stated to be stable. "The incident happened at a furnace at Dariba lead plant of Hindustan Zinc under maintenance shut-down and there was a suspected gas leakage at about 1 pm from the system," Hindustan Zinc said. It said the victims' families would be suitably compensated.
NRHM scam: Seven women among 8 UP doctors sent to judicial custody
Eight government doctors, seven of them women, facing charges in the NRHM scam were sent to jail on Friday after they appeared before the special CBI court in Ghaziabad and their bail applications were rejected. Vinod Shahi, counsel for the accused, said the doctors were issued summons by the court after the CBI filed chargesheet against them in September last.
The CBI had registered two cases following directives of Allahabad HC in August 2011 and filed four chargesheets against 52 persons, including 28 government doctors, on September 7.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today
- Won’t return to NDA even if Narendra Modi is not PM candidate: JD(U)