Gas leak outrage: Cutting through the fog
- Supreme Court curtails BCCI's financial powers, independent auditor to scrutinise accounts
- Bhubaneswar hospital fire: More patients succumb to injuries, death toll reaches 24
- Embraer aircraft deal: CBI names defence agent Vipin Khanna as key beneficiary in payoffs FIR
- Scrap English requirement, references that insult India: RSS edu wing to HRD
- US: 500 million pages of sensitive govt record stolen by ex-NSA contractor
In the only full discussion in the Lok Sabha on Bhopal, in reply to the minister's statement, members raised questions about the scientific causes of the tragedy, the technological aspects, and the inadequacies in the safety measures and the government's immediate response. Questions were asked on the licensing policy of the government and the manner of disbursal of relief and compensation.
Janata Party's Madhu Dandavate came prepared with a chart and diagram of the system at the Union Carbide plant and Left MP Geeta Mukherjee demanded that the properties of Union Carbide be immediately confiscated.
But the only mention of Anderson's arrest-cum-release drama came in a self-congratulatory speech by Congress MP Eduardo Faleiro.
- Khurram Parvez jailing appears unjust, against govt’s self-interest in troubled Kashmir
- Under PM Modi, new synergy between India’s economic & foreign policy
- Climate justice must be ingrained in rules of new climate compacts
- Despite his outrageous views, Donald Trump represents hope to many Americans
- One advantage of redefining military action as surgery is that it mobilises rhetoric of health
- SC stand on triple talaq remains to be seen