GB green signal for workshop for pipeline from Bhama Askhed
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Akhilesh Yadav tears into Narendra Modi bastion on maiden visit to Gujarat, says third front ready to govern
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: Raina departs after scoring valiant half-century
PMC's general body (GB) Wednesday sanctioned Rs 447.6 crore for setting up an engineering workshop for construction of the ambitious pipeline to get water from Bhama Askhed Dam.
This amount will also be used to acquire land for the project which is scheduled to bring water to Pune Ahmednagar Road area and other parts of Pune. The GB also gave its nod for the construction of an exhibition hall to exhibit the cartoons of the late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray at an open plot before the Garware Balbhavan near Sarasbaugh for which Rs 70 lakh were earmarked by the GB. The decision to grant land for the construction of the exhibition had evoked strong reactions from activists who pointed out the said land was used as a play ground for children of Balbhavan.
Activist Vijay Kumbhar, in a letter to the civic body had stated that the exhibition hall constructed by the civic body at Ghole Road be used for exhibiting the cartoons and the empty plot before Balbhavan be left vacant.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota