GB green signal for workshop for pipeline from Bhama Askhed
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
PMC's general body (GB) Wednesday sanctioned Rs 447.6 crore for setting up an engineering workshop for construction of the ambitious pipeline to get water from Bhama Askhed Dam.
This amount will also be used to acquire land for the project which is scheduled to bring water to Pune Ahmednagar Road area and other parts of Pune. The GB also gave its nod for the construction of an exhibition hall to exhibit the cartoons of the late Shiv Sena leader Bal Thackeray at an open plot before the Garware Balbhavan near Sarasbaugh for which Rs 70 lakh were earmarked by the GB. The decision to grant land for the construction of the exhibition had evoked strong reactions from activists who pointed out the said land was used as a play ground for children of Balbhavan.