GCG-11 alumni meet tomorrow
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
One of the oldest and the most prestigious colleges of the city, GCG-11, is all set to celebrate its third annual alumni meet on December 16 in the college premises.
GCG-11 is known to have produced famous Bollywood celebrities like Kirron Kher and Poonam Dhillon. Kanwal Thakur Singh, a national level badminton player, has also been an alumna of this college.
In addition to this, GCG-11 has been the alma mater for senior advocates like Justice Sabina Singh, Justice Ritu Bahri and other celebrated journalists and educationists.
Speaking about the much-awaited event on the college's roster, Poonam Batth, vice president of GCG Alumni Aassociation remarked, "This is a chance for the ex-students of GCG-11 to meet their teachers, professors and classmates, and share the memories of the good old times."
This year's event will have a special place for music that has been especially compiled to play tracks from the 1950s to the present. Interestingly, some of those who studied in the college are now lecturers. The next principal, Anita Ojha, admits to the special bond she shares with the college.
Her mother was also a former principal of the college and now Ojha is readying for her turn. Like her, many former students of the college, including those settled in different parts of the globe, are expected to attend.
The credit for starting the alumni association of the college goes to Principal Achala Dogra.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit