GCW gets new name of GCG, students celebrate
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
The recent name change of Government College for Women to Government College for Girls was celebrated on the college campus on Tuesday.
During his last visit to the college three months back, Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka had made an announcement in this regard.
Welcoming the change, Rekha Jindal, a student, said, "Now it actually feels good when you say the name because there is a lot of difference between a woman and a girl. When someone calls you a woman, you get that feeling of maturity whereas a student always wants to be referred to as a girl, not as a woman."
Shikha Kumari, another student, said, "I am happy that at last some minister actually implemented this change. It was being talked about for more than 20 years but finally it has happened now."
To mark the celebrations, a cultural programme was organised by students.