GCW gets new name of GCG, students celebrate
- Rafale deal is good, but bigger challenges for IAF remain
- Washington mall shooting: Lone gunman kills 4 in Cascade Mall, Burlington
- Uri attack could be reaction to 'atrocities' in Kashmir: Pak PM Nawaz Sharif
- No joint military exercise with Pakistan in PoK, Russia clarifies
The recent name change of Government College for Women to Government College for Girls was celebrated on the college campus on Tuesday.
During his last visit to the college three months back, Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka had made an announcement in this regard.
Welcoming the change, Rekha Jindal, a student, said, "Now it actually feels good when you say the name because there is a lot of difference between a woman and a girl. When someone calls you a woman, you get that feeling of maturity whereas a student always wants to be referred to as a girl, not as a woman."
Shikha Kumari, another student, said, "I am happy that at last some minister actually implemented this change. It was being talked about for more than 20 years but finally it has happened now."
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy
- Fifth column: War, not terrorism
- Out of my mind: The Chinese way
- Inside track: Keeping him away
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.