Geetika’s brother breaks down at mother’s funeral
- Army fight off terrorist attack on camp in Samba, operation still on
- Kasab never asked for mutton biryani, I cooked it up: Ujjwal Nikam
- He ‘harassed’ me, IAS officer Ravi’s batchmate told cops hours after his death
- Explained: Overshoot to kill
- Renuka Choudhary booked for allegedly demanding Rs 1.10 crore from Congress aspirant
The funeral of Geetika Sharma's mother, Anuradha Sharma, was held on Saturday afternoon at Punjabi Bagh cremation ground in West Delhi. Earlier in the day, the post-mortem examination was conducted at Babu Jagjivan Ram hospital, where doctors confirmed suffocation due to hanging as the cause of death, police said. Anuradha's son Ankit (23) was inconsolable. He fainted towards the end of the ceremony and had to be rushed to a hospital. Over a year ago, Ankit had gotten the name of his mother and sister tattooed on his arm. While the tattoo 'anugeetika ' can still be seen on his arm, the two people to whom it was dedicated to are both dead.