Geetika’s brother breaks down at mother’s funeral
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
The funeral of Geetika Sharma's mother, Anuradha Sharma, was held on Saturday afternoon at Punjabi Bagh cremation ground in West Delhi. Earlier in the day, the post-mortem examination was conducted at Babu Jagjivan Ram hospital, where doctors confirmed suffocation due to hanging as the cause of death, police said. Anuradha's son Ankit (23) was inconsolable. He fainted towards the end of the ceremony and had to be rushed to a hospital. Over a year ago, Ankit had gotten the name of his mother and sister tattooed on his arm. While the tattoo 'anugeetika ' can still be seen on his arm, the two people to whom it was dedicated to are both dead.