Geetika Sharma case: HC orders probe into claim of parents of accused regarding Gopal Goyal Kanda
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sahara must pay Rs 10,000 cr to show its 'bonafide' and not for Subrata Roy's release: SC
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka lose three in a hurry
The Crime Branch of city police was today asked by the Delhi High Court to probe into the allegations of the parents of an absconding co-accused in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case that they have been "threatened" to lodge false complaints against key accused Gopal Goyal Kanda.
Justice G P Mittal asked the Crime Branch to probe into the allegations while disposing of the plea by the parents of Chand Shivroop Singh, a co-accused in the suicide case who has allegedly fled to the US.
His parents have alleged that they have been "pressurised" to lodge false cases against former Haryana Minister Kanda and his family members.
Shivroop, who was granted bail as a bailable provision of the IT Act was invoked against him, had later allegedly consented to become an approver by recording his statements against Kanda and co-accused Aruna Chaddah.
Later, when Shivroop did not appear before the trial court on November 30 last year, police claimed he has fled to the US with active connivance of Kanda to save him.
Shivproop's parents Harminder Singh and Gurmeet Kaur and his brother Ikroop Singh had recently moved the high court alleging that the police have been asking them to implicate Kanda and his family members.
"The son of the petitioner parents cannot go outside India because police has confiscated the passport of their son," the plea, filed through lawyer S S Tiwana, said.
It also alleged the SHO of Bharat Nagar police station here is "pressurising and inducing" them to make false complaints. The same tactics were used against Shivproop to force him to make statements against Kanda, it said.
Geetika, 23, was found dead on August 5, last year at her Ashok Vihar residence here. In her August 4 suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddah.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case