Gehlot takes potshot at Modi over investors’ summit MoUs
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Calling Chief Minister Narendra Modi "a good marketing man" who is into false propaganda, his Rajasthan counterpart Ashok Gehlot on Thursday urged the people of Surat to vote for the Congress candidate who will not be "powerless" as some of the BJP MLAs in the incumbent Gujarat government.
"The people of the state have experienced black rule under Modi; where party workers, Members of Parliament and MLAs have no power to put their issues before chief minister," Ghelot said addressing a gathering of textile traders.
"Modi is a good marketing man, but he is into false propaganda. I want to say that not even five per cent of the investment promised under his pet Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors'
Summit have come to the state. We also held investors' summit in Rajasthan, and many investors told us that Gujarat forced them to sign MoUs (memorandum of understanding)," he said.
Ghelot appealed them to elect the Congress candidate from the constituency who is a textile trader.
"We (textile traders) are travellers and we should keep in mind that if we elect a brother from our own community he will put our issues in Gandhinagar and sort it out," he said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today