General Motors launches 'Enjoy' priced at Rs 5.49 lakh, takes on Maruti Suzuki's Ertiga
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
General Motors India today launched its multi purpose vehicle (MUV) Enjoy at an introductory price between Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The vehicle will compete with Maruti Suzuki India's Ertiga, which is priced between Rs 5.98 lakh and Rs 8.7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Enjoy is available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol version is powered by a 1.4 litre engine and the price ranges from Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 6.99 lakh.
The diesel variant has a 1.3 litre engine tagged at Rs 6.69 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh. The vehicle will have 7-seater and 8- seater options.
"The Enjoy will compete in one of the fastest growing segments in India. We expect that this model will be a success considering its attributes and pricing," GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.
The vehicle has been re-engineered and re-designed to meet Indian conditions, he added.
Enjoy is based on the platform from General Motors' Chinese partner SAIC and it has a localisation level of 60 per cent.
Paddock said the company has no plans to export Enjoy and the focus will be the domestic market.