General Motors launches 'Enjoy' priced at Rs 5.49 lakh, takes on Maruti Suzuki's Ertiga
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
General Motors India today launched its multi purpose vehicle (MUV) Enjoy at an introductory price between Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The vehicle will compete with Maruti Suzuki India's Ertiga, which is priced between Rs 5.98 lakh and Rs 8.7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Enjoy is available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol version is powered by a 1.4 litre engine and the price ranges from Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 6.99 lakh.
The diesel variant has a 1.3 litre engine tagged at Rs 6.69 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh. The vehicle will have 7-seater and 8- seater options.
"The Enjoy will compete in one of the fastest growing segments in India. We expect that this model will be a success considering its attributes and pricing," GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.
The vehicle has been re-engineered and re-designed to meet Indian conditions, he added.
Enjoy is based on the platform from General Motors' Chinese partner SAIC and it has a localisation level of 60 per cent.
Paddock said the company has no plans to export Enjoy and the focus will be the domestic market.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today