General Motors launches 'Enjoy' priced at Rs 5.49 lakh, takes on Maruti Suzuki's Ertiga
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: CSK win toss, elect to bat first
General Motors India today launched its multi purpose vehicle (MUV) Enjoy at an introductory price between Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The vehicle will compete with Maruti Suzuki India's Ertiga, which is priced between Rs 5.98 lakh and Rs 8.7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
The Enjoy is available in both petrol and diesel options. The petrol version is powered by a 1.4 litre engine and the price ranges from Rs 5.49 lakh and Rs 6.99 lakh.
The diesel variant has a 1.3 litre engine tagged at Rs 6.69 lakh and Rs 7.99 lakh. The vehicle will have 7-seater and 8- seater options.
"The Enjoy will compete in one of the fastest growing segments in India. We expect that this model will be a success considering its attributes and pricing," GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.
The vehicle has been re-engineered and re-designed to meet Indian conditions, he added.
Enjoy is based on the platform from General Motors' Chinese partner SAIC and it has a localisation level of 60 per cent.
Paddock said the company has no plans to export Enjoy and the focus will be the domestic market.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota