General Motors launches Sail sedan at Rs 4.99-7.51 lakh
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
General Motors India today launched the sedan version of its compact car Sail with introductory prices ranging between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 7.51 lakh (ex Showroom Delhi).
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.
The Sail is built on a new global passenger car platform from GM's Chinese partner SAIC, created specially for the fast-growing emerging markets.
The Sail sedan will compete with the likes of Swift Dzire from Maruti Suzuki and Indigo from Tata Motors.
It is available in both petrol and diesel options. While the petrol version is powered by a 1.2 litre engine, the diesel option has a 1.3 litre engine.
The petrol variant is priced between Rs 4.99 lakh and 6.41 lakh. The diesel option comes at a price range of Rs 6.29 lakh and Rs 7.51 lakh.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi