General Motors launches Sail sedan at Rs 4.99-7.51 lakh
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
General Motors India today launched the sedan version of its compact car Sail with introductory prices ranging between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 7.51 lakh (ex Showroom Delhi).
"It is an important addition to GM's sedan line up in India. It competes in one of the fastest-growing segments," GM India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock told reporters here.
The Sail is built on a new global passenger car platform from GM's Chinese partner SAIC, created specially for the fast-growing emerging markets.
The Sail sedan will compete with the likes of Swift Dzire from Maruti Suzuki and Indigo from Tata Motors.
It is available in both petrol and diesel options. While the petrol version is powered by a 1.2 litre engine, the diesel option has a 1.3 litre engine.
The petrol variant is priced between Rs 4.99 lakh and 6.41 lakh. The diesel option comes at a price range of Rs 6.29 lakh and Rs 7.51 lakh.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports