Genpact buys Jawood, including Felix Software strengthens healthcare business
- Cauvery water dispute: Karnataka farmers protest SC order, Siddaramaiah calls for all-party meet
- Kashmir unrest: Youth killed as paramilitary forces fire pellets; toll rises to 75
- Rahul Gandhi UP yatra LIVE: 'Must secure rights of the poor, farmers'
- AAP leader Ashutosh hits back at NCW, says 'I am born in free India'
- Strong criticism of govt isn’t defamatory or seditious: SC
BPO firm Genpact today said it has acquired Jawood, a business services provider to healthcare industry, for an undisclosed amount.
The transaction also includes Genpact's purchase of India-based Felix Software, a key subcontracted service provider to Jawood, Genpact said in a statement.
As part of the transaction, 420 employees (Jawood and Felix Software) will become Genpact employees and be integrated into Genpact's healthcare and IT services businesses, it added.
"The addition of Jawood significantly expands our services for the healthcare payer market which is a strategic industry and growth area for us," Genpact President and CEO N V Tiger Tyagarajan said.
Genpact already provides business process management (BPM) and analytics services in areas like claims management, membership management, provider management, clinical services, and finance and accounting.
The healthcare payer industry is seeing enormous growth due to regulatory changes, including transition from ICD9 to ICD10, creation of health insurance exchanges, the development of alternative risk and payment models and compliance with the new US Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Headquartered in US, Jawood provides consulting and technology services including strategy, planning, execution, implementation, test data creation and testing tools to healthcare payers.
Harris Williams & Co acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Jawood for this transaction.
- Muzaffarnagar, three years after the riots
- Pakistan has vowed to get rid of its armed militias, but they aren’t leaving quietly
- To the highest court: Please do remember that the citadel never falls except from within
- Fat tax proposed in Kerala budget is an interesting import in line with assimilative trend
- Reconfigure triple talaq debate: It is about individual freedom and equality
- Dalit empowerment could emerge through consensus not conflict, dialogue not dominance