Genpact buys Jawood, including Felix Software strengthens healthcare business
- Bulandshahr gangrape: Minor victim moves SC, seeks FIR against Azam Khan
- NSG row behind them, Chinese FM Wang Yi holds talks with PM Modi, Sushma Swaraj
- Behind attack on BJP leader Brijpal Teotia: 8 murders & a plot
- Appointment of judges: Break logjam soon or we will step in, CJI tells govt
- Sania Mirza-Rohan Bopanna one win away from Rio 2016 Olympics medal
BPO firm Genpact today said it has acquired Jawood, a business services provider to healthcare industry, for an undisclosed amount.
The transaction also includes Genpact's purchase of India-based Felix Software, a key subcontracted service provider to Jawood, Genpact said in a statement.
As part of the transaction, 420 employees (Jawood and Felix Software) will become Genpact employees and be integrated into Genpact's healthcare and IT services businesses, it added.
"The addition of Jawood significantly expands our services for the healthcare payer market which is a strategic industry and growth area for us," Genpact President and CEO N V Tiger Tyagarajan said.
Genpact already provides business process management (BPM) and analytics services in areas like claims management, membership management, provider management, clinical services, and finance and accounting.
The healthcare payer industry is seeing enormous growth due to regulatory changes, including transition from ICD9 to ICD10, creation of health insurance exchanges, the development of alternative risk and payment models and compliance with the new US Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Headquartered in US, Jawood provides consulting and technology services including strategy, planning, execution, implementation, test data creation and testing tools to healthcare payers.
Harris Williams & Co acted as the exclusive financial advisor to Jawood for this transaction.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov