Gerard Butler's birthday plans in India scrapped after visa denial
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
"PS I Love You" star Gerard Butler's last-minute plan to spend his birthday in India was wrecked after he failed to leave enough time to obtain a visa.
The 43-year-old Scottish actor, who was in Dubai recently for a store opening, decided to take an impromptu trip to nearby India for the post-birthday celebrations, reported Hollywood life.
Butler celebrated his birthday on November 13 and the same day he headed to the Indian embassy in Dubai for a travel permit but had to abandon his plan when he was told the documents would not be available for a week.
"I am very disorganised. So at the last minute here in Dubai, I decided I wanted to go to India for my birthday. But I went to the embassy here today (Wednesday). They were excited to see me, but they said 'No' and that it would take seven days. So this year, I will go to Scotland and spend time with my family," he said.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity