Get caste certificate online from Dec 25
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Post verification, committee aims to give out the certificate within 15 days
The state government's programme to issue online caste validity certificate to students will commence on December 25 with the online software for the same being prepared by Pune-based Babasaheb Ambedkar Research Training Institute (BARTI). "We have been able to develop the software in three months and it will enable students to register for their caste certificates online as well as get the acknowledgement," said director general of BARTI Dr Parihar addressing a press meet on Wednesday. Post verification by the panels appointed, the department also aims to give out the certificates after assessment within 15-day time frame.
The process will see students registering online and getting an acknowledgement for the same. Once the case reaches the High Power Committee, the students will also know the status of the application.
"For each step, the student will be updated and incase any additional information is needed, they would be intimated via email. The online process will help students knowing the status of their applications," he said. The webpage
He said the agency named Mastek has helped in developing the software for the system and the IT department of the state government helped putting up three servers within a week which speeded up the process.
The applicant needs to put up the application after downloading the form as well as sending the original caste certificate to the office.
BARTI has in the recent past helped the panels appointed dispose of many pending cases in Pune itself. Of the 25,000 cases, they were able to help dispose of 17,000 cases by giving them administrative support. He said that of the cases filed, 95-98 per cent of the cases were genuine and only few had to be forwarded to the vigilance cell for checking the details.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express