GGNIMT wins 3 rounds of inter-college cricket tourney
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
The cricket team of Gujranwala Guru Nanak Institute of Management & Technology (GGNIMT), Civil Lines, has won three rounds of inter-college cricket tournament organised by PTU, Jalandhar.
GGNIMTians won the first game against GHG Pharmacy College, Sudhar, by three wickets on January 28. Inderjeet Singh of MCA-II was declared the man of the match for bowling brilliantly and picking five wickets.
GGNIMT won the second match by three runs against Desh Bhagat Engineering College, Mandi Gobindgarh, on January 29. Shivam of BCA-II made 40 runs and was adjudged the man of the match.
The third encounter was against RIMT, Mandi Gobindgarh, on February 2 where the GGNIMT cricket team managed to win by 13 runs. Shivam of BCA-II and Abhishek Sharma of BBA-IV were acknowledged the star performers for making 62 runs and taking four wickets respectively.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly