Ghatkopar robberies may not be by same gang: Cops
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
The Pant Nagar police on Monday said the two robberies committed in their jurisdictions on Saturday and Sunday did not seem to be the handiwork of the same gang.
"We showed sketches of the suspects involved in Saturday's case to jeweller Mangal Lodha, who was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday. Though he did not get a good look at the robbers to describe them, he said they were not the ones in the sketches," said senior inspector Suresh Nirmal.
He added that police only had a partial licence plate number, and it had been sent to the RTO. They will examine details of all the numbers in the series to zero in on suspects. Inquiries are underway with repeat offenders, and the police are waiting for a detailed statement from Lodha.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer