Ghuman village common land: DC marks inquiry by SDM
- AAP manifesto: Jan Lokpal, justice system party's top priority
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- ICC World Twenty20: Sri Lanka through after hailstorm
A day after Ludhiana Newsline carried a report on the controversy surrounding the construction of shops on common land at Ghuman village in Riakot, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Monday marked an inquiry in the case and asked Jagraon SDM Gurmeet Singh to submit a report.
"Due action will be taken after the SDM submits his report," the DC said.
As already mentioned, the villagers have objected to the construction of five shops on the village common land along the Ludhiana-Bathinda state highway where, as per rules, constructions cannot come up. The villagers alleged Sarpanch Bhupinder Singh did not follow the rules.
However, the Sarpanch said he had asked those constructing shops on this land to pay the panchayat a rent of Rs 850 per month, and no other charges had been asked from them.
Though the Block Development Officer had received a complaint, nothing much was being done in this regard.
- Paying dues
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’