Ghuman village common land: DC marks inquiry by SDM
A day after Ludhiana Newsline carried a report on the controversy surrounding the construction of shops on common land at Ghuman village in Riakot, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tewari on Monday marked an inquiry in the case and asked Jagraon SDM Gurmeet Singh to submit a report.
"Due action will be taken after the SDM submits his report," the DC said.
As already mentioned, the villagers have objected to the construction of five shops on the village common land along the Ludhiana-Bathinda state highway where, as per rules, constructions cannot come up. The villagers alleged Sarpanch Bhupinder Singh did not follow the rules.
However, the Sarpanch said he had asked those constructing shops on this land to pay the panchayat a rent of Rs 850 per month, and no other charges had been asked from them.
Though the Block Development Officer had received a complaint, nothing much was being done in this regard.
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan