Girl ‘raped’ by fiancé, accused arrested
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
A day after a doctor was arrested for allegedly raping his fiancee, a local court on Sunday remanded him in two-day police custody.
A 21-year-old girl had alleged that her fiancé who is a doctor raped her several times on the pretext of getting married.
In her complaint filed at Sadar police station, the girl, who hails from Buddha Singh Wala Thava village of Baghapura in Moga, said, "I was engaged to this doctor on May 22 this year. I passed my BSc and he encouraged me to go for higher studies. He called me to Ludhiana for filling some forms of MSc on October 10 and then took me to a hotel near Daad village. He established physical relations without my will on the pretext of marriage in some days and raped me several times since then."
The victim alleged he threatened her with dire consequences, but "she ignored the threats and decided to register a complaint with the police".
The accused has been identified as Dr Kanwar Samrat from Samana in Patiala.