Girl ‘raped’ by fiancé, accused arrested
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- BJP against withdrawl of sedition charges against Kashmiri students
A day after a doctor was arrested for allegedly raping his fiancee, a local court on Sunday remanded him in two-day police custody.
A 21-year-old girl had alleged that her fiancé who is a doctor raped her several times on the pretext of getting married.
In her complaint filed at Sadar police station, the girl, who hails from Buddha Singh Wala Thava village of Baghapura in Moga, said, "I was engaged to this doctor on May 22 this year. I passed my BSc and he encouraged me to go for higher studies. He called me to Ludhiana for filling some forms of MSc on October 10 and then took me to a hotel near Daad village. He established physical relations without my will on the pretext of marriage in some days and raped me several times since then."
The victim alleged he threatened her with dire consequences, but "she ignored the threats and decided to register a complaint with the police".
The accused has been identified as Dr Kanwar Samrat from Samana in Patiala.
The police have registered a case of rape, cheating and threatening. "We arrested the doctor on Saturday," said Sub-Inspector Harinder Singh, Sadar police station.