Girl abducted on way to Shirdi temple rescued from Dhule brothel
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A girl on her way to Shirdi from Pune with her fiance was allegedly abducted by unidentified persons at Ahmednagar and taken to a brothel in Dhule on January 3, where she was "beaten up by the brothel-keeper for refusing to enter the flesh trade".
This was revealed after the girl, who managed to contact her fiance with the help of a few customers at the brothel, and was rescued on January 5, finally managed to register a complaint with the Ahmednagar police on Thursday, a day after she and her fiance were allegedly beaten up by the police on the suspicion that she was trying to register a false case. No action has been taken by the police against the brothel-keepers yet.
The 18-year-old girl from Madhya Pradesh had come to meet her fiance, who hails from her native place and lives in Pune. In her complaint, the girl said they were going to the Shirdi temple from Pune in a four-wheeler on January 3, when, around 6.30 pm in Ahmednagar, four unidentified persons, a woman and three men, gagged and abducted her from a spot near Big Bazaar mall, where they had stopped as her fiance had to go to the washroom.
The girl said before she could shout for help, the accused gagged her and she fainted. The next morning on January 4, she woke up and found herself in a brothel at Shirpur in Dhule district. The brothel-keeper, a woman, allegedly beat her black and blue for refusing to enter the prostitution racket.
Around 7 pm on January 4, the brothel-keeper allegedly sent a customer to the girl's room. The girl cried, and pleaded for help. She gave her fiance's phone number to the customer who then helped the girl by informing her fiance in Pune over mobile phone. Two more customers who went to the girl's room late evening and on January 5 morning, too, did not have any physical relations with her and informed her fiance about her on phone, she claimed.
- Modi govt abetted and pushed 2002 riots further, we didnâ€™t in â€™84:Â Rahul
- Rahul gifts his land near Vadraâ€™s in Haryana village to sisterÂ Priyanka
- Hrithik Roshan, Hrithik Roshan Bang Bang, Hrithik Roshan starts shooting, Hrithik Roshan Katrina Kaif, Katrina Kaif bang bang | The Indian Express
- Indiaâ€™s biggest failing | The Indian Express