Girl alleges attempt to rape
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
In the wee hours of December 16, a young girl, resident of Zirakpur alleged that some people in a car attempted to rape and abduct her. Though she could not confirm the names of the persons and the registration number of the car, a case has been registered by the UT police.
The girl claimed that she is an employee at a call center in Industrial Area, Mohali. She was dropped in Burail Village by a friend.
While the girl was trying to find a mode of conveyance to reach her work place, some persons in a car troubled her. "She said that she was standing on the road trying to make a deal with an auto-rickshaw driver to drop her to her workplace," said Sub Inspector Davinver Singh, in-charge of the Burail Police Post.
He then added that while the girl was talking to the auto-rickshaw driver, a car passed by and came back. The person in the car pulled her towards the car and asked her to sit. Since she raised an alarm, the persons fled. The girl managed to reach a PCR vehicle and called the police.