Girl alleges attempt to rape
- In Karnataka, Modi hits back at Rahul over balloon jibe on Gujarat model, asks if he trusts Sonia
- 'Deeply saddened' over his expulsion, Jaswant Singh says BJP has lost its vision
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- ICC World Twenty20: Yuvraj Singh, Ashwin make it 4/4
In the wee hours of December 16, a young girl, resident of Zirakpur alleged that some people in a car attempted to rape and abduct her. Though she could not confirm the names of the persons and the registration number of the car, a case has been registered by the UT police.
The girl claimed that she is an employee at a call center in Industrial Area, Mohali. She was dropped in Burail Village by a friend.
While the girl was trying to find a mode of conveyance to reach her work place, some persons in a car troubled her. "She said that she was standing on the road trying to make a deal with an auto-rickshaw driver to drop her to her workplace," said Sub Inspector Davinver Singh, in-charge of the Burail Police Post.
He then added that while the girl was talking to the auto-rickshaw driver, a car passed by and came back. The person in the car pulled her towards the car and asked her to sit. Since she raised an alarm, the persons fled. The girl managed to reach a PCR vehicle and called the police.
- Rajnath borrows Kejriwal words: ‘will jail corrupt’
- EC builds confidence with Vishwas Parchi
- Short changes: I-T dept asks assessees filing returns online to send ITRV by speed post
- Metro to build subway near Moti Bagh station
- Service tax amnesty scheme: Caught in web of fine print
- Modi hits out at Sonia over ticket to ‘Adarsh’ Chavan