Girl alleges attempt to rape
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
In the wee hours of December 16, a young girl, resident of Zirakpur alleged that some people in a car attempted to rape and abduct her. Though she could not confirm the names of the persons and the registration number of the car, a case has been registered by the UT police.
The girl claimed that she is an employee at a call center in Industrial Area, Mohali. She was dropped in Burail Village by a friend.
While the girl was trying to find a mode of conveyance to reach her work place, some persons in a car troubled her. "She said that she was standing on the road trying to make a deal with an auto-rickshaw driver to drop her to her workplace," said Sub Inspector Davinver Singh, in-charge of the Burail Police Post.
He then added that while the girl was talking to the auto-rickshaw driver, a car passed by and came back. The person in the car pulled her towards the car and asked her to sit. Since she raised an alarm, the persons fled. The girl managed to reach a PCR vehicle and called the police.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today