Girl attempts suicide after being eveteased
A minor girl today allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after being eveteased by a youth in Jhinjhana area of Shamli district, police said.
The 16-year-old girl was allegedly eveteased by the youth, identified as Sunil in Hathchhoya village yesterday, they said.
Apparently upset over the incident, the victim sprinkled kerosene and immolated herself this morning, they said, adding that she was immediately rushed to the hospital with 40 per cent burn injuries.
Her condition was stated to be serious, police said, adding that a hunt has been launched to nab the accused.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties