Girl attempts suicide after being eveteased
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
A minor girl today allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after being eveteased by a youth in Jhinjhana area of Shamli district, police said.
The 16-year-old girl was allegedly eveteased by the youth, identified as Sunil in Hathchhoya village yesterday, they said.
Apparently upset over the incident, the victim sprinkled kerosene and immolated herself this morning, they said, adding that she was immediately rushed to the hospital with 40 per cent burn injuries.