Girl attempts suicide after being eveteased
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
A minor girl today allegedly attempted suicide by setting herself ablaze after being eveteased by a youth in Jhinjhana area of Shamli district, police said.
The 16-year-old girl was allegedly eveteased by the youth, identified as Sunil in Hathchhoya village yesterday, they said.
Apparently upset over the incident, the victim sprinkled kerosene and immolated herself this morning, they said, adding that she was immediately rushed to the hospital with 40 per cent burn injuries.