Girl commits suicide after being teased by classmate
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Upset after being allegedly teased and harassed by her classmate, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance in Tarn Taran district.
The girl ended her life yesterday, police said. As per the FIR lodged by the victim's uncle, the girl studying in the local Government School was being teased and harassed for the last few weeks allegedly by her classmate Jagrup Singh.The girl's uncle said the matter was reported to the Principal of the school a number of times. The girl was also allegedly stopped by the accused many times on her way to school, according to the complaint.
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- Telescope: From Fawad Khan to Kalki Koechlin, journeys to keep an eye on
- Shouldn’t weekly off day be a matter of choice, instead of being dictated by law?
- India’s search for alternatives to regional forum must quicken
- Struggle against caste system & capitalism are inextricably linked
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP