Girl commits suicide after being teased by classmate
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Upset after being allegedly teased and harassed by her classmate, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance in Tarn Taran district.
The girl ended her life yesterday, police said. As per the FIR lodged by the victim's uncle, the girl studying in the local Government School was being teased and harassed for the last few weeks allegedly by her classmate Jagrup Singh.The girl's uncle said the matter was reported to the Principal of the school a number of times. The girl was also allegedly stopped by the accused many times on her way to school, according to the complaint.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Harpal Singh said a case of abetment to suicide against the accused Jagrup Singh has been registered. Efforts were on to nab the accused who is absconding.