Girl commits suicide after being teased by classmate
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Upset after being allegedly teased and harassed by her classmate, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance in Tarn Taran district.
The girl ended her life yesterday, police said. As per the FIR lodged by the victim's uncle, the girl studying in the local Government School was being teased and harassed for the last few weeks allegedly by her classmate Jagrup Singh.The girl's uncle said the matter was reported to the Principal of the school a number of times. The girl was also allegedly stopped by the accused many times on her way to school, according to the complaint.
Deputy Superintendent of Police Harpal Singh said a case of abetment to suicide against the accused Jagrup Singh has been registered. Efforts were on to nab the accused who is absconding.