Girl commits suicide after being teased by classmate
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Upset after being allegedly teased and harassed by her classmate, a 17-year-old girl committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance in Tarn Taran district.
The girl ended her life yesterday, police said. As per the FIR lodged by the victim's uncle, the girl studying in the local Government School was being teased and harassed for the last few weeks allegedly by her classmate Jagrup Singh.The girl's uncle said the matter was reported to the Principal of the school a number of times. The girl was also allegedly stopped by the accused many times on her way to school, according to the complaint.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it