Girl commits suicide after obscene MMS gets circulated
- Nitish Katara murder case: Delhi HC upholds life sentence of Vikas Yadav, two others; calls it honour killing
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Shastri was the best Congressman; Varun praises Rahul
- DGCA calls SpiceJet Re 1 ticket offer malpractice, asks to stop it immediately
- âTehseen names new Indian Mujahideen duo in 2010 Jama Masjid shootingâ
- 8.2 magnitude earthquake strikes off Chile; tsunami alert issued
An 18-year-old girl committed suicide in Siliguri on Wednesday night, as her obscene pictures were circulated through MMS by a third-year student, with whom she was involved. Both are students of Siliguri Government Polythechnic College. No suicide note has been recovered.
The deceased, a second-year student, hanged herself from the ceiling of her room in her residence. The police have initiated a criminal case against the Anindya Garai, who is absconding. A resident of Sonamukhi in Bankura district, Anindya used to stay at a mess, said D P Singh, SP, Darjeeling. The girl often met Anindya at the mess, where he had been staying for the last few months. "Anindya took some obscene pictures of the girl. It is not clear whether he took the picture with her consent," said Singh. He circulated her picture through MMS and she came to know about it in September. Following this, the girl lodged a complaint with the Siliguri police station. Her family, however, alleged that the police did not take any action. The police suspect that Anindya was blackmailing the girl. After she committed suicide, her family lodged a fresh complaint with the police.
- ‘Fake’ MBA admission: Iranian girl untraceable as cops busy with polls
- To avoid election duty, teachers flock to doctors to get medical certificates
- Arun Bhatia hopes to get third time lucky
- Congress complains against Narendra Modi for poll code violation
- Flying squads deployed to check flow of liquor and gifts yet to spot offenders
- Flaunt the indelible ink on your finger, and get freebies