Girl commits suicide after obscene MMS gets circulated
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
An 18-year-old girl committed suicide in Siliguri on Wednesday night, as her obscene pictures were circulated through MMS by a third-year student, with whom she was involved. Both are students of Siliguri Government Polythechnic College. No suicide note has been recovered.
The deceased, a second-year student, hanged herself from the ceiling of her room in her residence. The police have initiated a criminal case against the Anindya Garai, who is absconding. A resident of Sonamukhi in Bankura district, Anindya used to stay at a mess, said D P Singh, SP, Darjeeling. The girl often met Anindya at the mess, where he had been staying for the last few months. "Anindya took some obscene pictures of the girl. It is not clear whether he took the picture with her consent," said Singh. He circulated her picture through MMS and she came to know about it in September. Following this, the girl lodged a complaint with the Siliguri police station. Her family, however, alleged that the police did not take any action. The police suspect that Anindya was blackmailing the girl. After she committed suicide, her family lodged a fresh complaint with the police.