Girl commits suicide in Jalandhar, blames Facebook
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
A polytechnic student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in a hostel room here, police said today.
A suicide note was recovered next to her body in which she has held two college seniors, who used to harass her, responsible for her taking the extreme step, they said.
Raksha Sharma, who hails from Jammu, committed suicide last night, they said.
Lavpreet Singh and Deepak Saini, named in the suicide note, have been arrested and a case of abetment to suicide has been lodged against them, they said.
In her note, the victim claimed that the two used to forcefully take money from her, and that Lavpreet had written indecent comments on her Facebook wall, they said. Investigations are on in the matter, they said.