Girl commits suicide in Jalandhar, blames Facebook
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
A polytechnic student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in a hostel room here, police said today.
A suicide note was recovered next to her body in which she has held two college seniors, who used to harass her, responsible for her taking the extreme step, they said.
Raksha Sharma, who hails from Jammu, committed suicide last night, they said.
Lavpreet Singh and Deepak Saini, named in the suicide note, have been arrested and a case of abetment to suicide has been lodged against them, they said.
In her note, the victim claimed that the two used to forcefully take money from her, and that Lavpreet had written indecent comments on her Facebook wall, they said. Investigations are on in the matter, they said.
- History-sheeter shot at by unidentified assailants at Govandi
- BMC gets 75K applications for 942 posts of clerks
- Sena corporator Yashodhar Phanse new chairman of BMC standing committee
- ‘Principal leaked paper to cop’s son out of goodwill’; both remanded in 5-day custody
- Juvenile board miffed at raking up convicts’ past
- Ahead of state polls, Rane says Cong ‘hasn’t used his full potential’