Girl commits suicide in Jalandhar, blames Facebook
- Fake degree case: Former Delhi law minister Tomar's police custody extended by two days
- Pakistan army makes veiled attack on India, accuses it of 'creating instability'
- Missing Dornier: Intermittent signals from Coast Guard aircraft, oil spill noticed again
- Rahul Gandhi meets sanitation workers for the second day
- Ludhiana: Ammonia gas leak mishap kills 5, leaves more than 140 injured
A polytechnic student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in a hostel room here, police said today.
A suicide note was recovered next to her body in which she has held two college seniors, who used to harass her, responsible for her taking the extreme step, they said.
Raksha Sharma, who hails from Jammu, committed suicide last night, they said.
Lavpreet Singh and Deepak Saini, named in the suicide note, have been arrested and a case of abetment to suicide has been lodged against them, they said.
In her note, the victim claimed that the two used to forcefully take money from her, and that Lavpreet had written indecent comments on her Facebook wall, they said. Investigations are on in the matter, they said.