Girl commits suicide in Jalandhar, blames Facebook
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
A polytechnic student allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself in a hostel room here, police said today.
A suicide note was recovered next to her body in which she has held two college seniors, who used to harass her, responsible for her taking the extreme step, they said.
Raksha Sharma, who hails from Jammu, committed suicide last night, they said.
Lavpreet Singh and Deepak Saini, named in the suicide note, have been arrested and a case of abetment to suicide has been lodged against them, they said.
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?