Girl dies of electric shock in elevator
- Lok Sabha proceedings washed out as Opposition adamant on Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhra Raje's resignation
- BJP counters Congress with ‘sting CD’ on Uttarakhand CM’s aide
- Nitish Kumar to welcome PM Modi, attend programmes too if invited
- Speaker Sumitra Mahajan's warning of 'disciplinary action' irks opposition
- Lt Governor Najeeb Jung calls DCW chief's appointment illegal
The eight-year-old daughter of a sub-inspector (SI) posted in a city police station died on Wednesday allegedly due to electric shock in a lift installed at her housing society in Ahmedabad.
The police have booked the builders and the elevator company for culpable homicide for allegedly showing negligence that led to her death.
SI R D Jadeja's daughter Khushi got stuck in the lift of her building Panchratna Residency in Vatva and died on the spot. Vatva GIDC police said Jadeja had lodged a complaint against the builders Ghanshyam Desai and Pravin Desai, the society's chairman and the elevator company.