Girl dies of electric shock in elevator
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The eight-year-old daughter of a sub-inspector (SI) posted in a city police station died on Wednesday allegedly due to electric shock in a lift installed at her housing society in Ahmedabad.
The police have booked the builders and the elevator company for culpable homicide for allegedly showing negligence that led to her death.
SI R D Jadeja's daughter Khushi got stuck in the lift of her building Panchratna Residency in Vatva and died on the spot. Vatva GIDC police said Jadeja had lodged a complaint against the builders Ghanshyam Desai and Pravin Desai, the society's chairman and the elevator company.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state