Girl dies of electric shock in elevator
- PM Narendra Modi returns to Red Fort with report card, calls for ‘Start-up India, Stand up India’
- Five civilians killed in J&K as Pak shelling intensifies in Poonch district
- Looking at Lanka: An election without noise and colour, and Sri Lankans are not complaining
- Noodle ban over, hope returns to Maggi’s small-town home
- First Indian in World Championships final, Saina Nehwal sets up ‘tricky’ Sunday
The eight-year-old daughter of a sub-inspector (SI) posted in a city police station died on Wednesday allegedly due to electric shock in a lift installed at her housing society in Ahmedabad.
The police have booked the builders and the elevator company for culpable homicide for allegedly showing negligence that led to her death.
SI R D Jadeja's daughter Khushi got stuck in the lift of her building Panchratna Residency in Vatva and died on the spot. Vatva GIDC police said Jadeja had lodged a complaint against the builders Ghanshyam Desai and Pravin Desai, the society's chairman and the elevator company.