Faridabad Shocker: Girl found raped, beheaded
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
Yet another horrible crime has highlighted the fact that the National Capital Region remains as unsafe for women as it was on the night of the brutal Delhi gangrape.
A minor girl was raped and brutally beheaded on Thursday at Gandhi Colony, NID Faridabad.
The incident took place when the Class XII Humanities student had gone out to attend tuition classes in the afternoon.
As the girl did not return home by evening, the worried family started searching for her.
They failed to locate her, but received a call later from police informing them a girl's body had been found at a nearby guest house.
The shocked family identified the body whose head had almost been entirely severed.
A friend revealed the victim knew the man and that he used to stalk her.
However, according to Geeta Bhasin the guest house owner, where the girl was found, the couple had come to her place and asked to be given a room on rent. On being told to provide proof of identity, the man, whose name is reportedly Sonu, said he would give it later.
He asked for tea to be sent to the room.
But within 15-20 minutes, Bhasin saw the man leaving in a rush. On reaching the room she found the girl lying dead there.
The girl's head was almost severed and there were marks on her stomach and hands.
A kitchen knife was found lying nearby.
Acting on the information provided by the family and the girl's friend, police rushed to Tawdu village in Mewar and arrested Sonu.
He has reportedly confessed to the crime.
Sonu is married and is the father of a 9-year-old boy.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry