Girl gangraped in Delhi bus: Cops ready sketches, govt goes for CCTVs
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said government would take all necessary steps to ensure that such incidents do not recur.
"I have been told by transport department that their licence has been cancelled. We will take all the necessary measures to ensure that such incidents don't happen," she said.
Delhi Transport department had planned to install CCTV cameras in all its buses long back but it is yet to be implemented.
Asked whether government was also planning to make it mandatory for installing CCTV cameras in private buses, an official in the Women and Child Welfare department said government was considering it.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready