Girl injured in Ďacidí attack in Faridabad
- Cricketer Mohd Kaif, Nilekani, Ravi Kishen among 194 in Congress' first list of candidates for the Lok Sabha polls
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
A girl studying in class X received severe burn injuries when two persons threw 'acid' on her she was returning home from school. The incident took place in the Nangla Part I area of Faridabad on Monday afternoon.
According to sources, she is a student of a local school and was walking home with a friend when she was attacked.
Although the reason behind the attack is yet to be clarified, police said two men threw a liquid on her back and fled. The liquid had a burning effect on the girl's back and she fell. Some drops also hit the girl's friend and they began to shout. Hearing this, shopkeepers rushed to help the girls.
Sources said the shopkeepers poured water on them and called the police. Meanwhile, they were rushed to a private hospital after which they were referred to B K Hospital in Faridabad. Doctors said the girl received around 40 per cent burn injuries.
Sources said she had received burn injuries on the back of the head, neck and back. Faridabad police said although the girl is in a state of shock, she was recovering at the hospital. "The liquid, which might be acid, was thrown on her back. She did not receive any injuries on her face. We have lodged cases under relevant sections of IPC and are investigating the matter. The culprits will be nabbed soon," a Faridabad police spokesperson said.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today