Girl joins Mensa, has IQ 'more' than Stephen Hawking’s
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
A three-year-old girl in the UK has become one of the youngest ever members of Mensa with an IQ estimated to be even higher than physicist Stephen Hawking. Alice Amos scored an incredible 162 in a test of the high IQ society Mensa — matching some of the world's most notable intellectuals.
The toddler, from Guildford in Surrey, is already bilingual, speaking both English and Russian, where her parents hail from, the Daily Mail reported.
She scored 162 on the Stanford Binet test — an IQ quiz that looks to measure five factors of cognitive ability — fluid reasoning, knowledge, quantitative reasoning, visual-spatial processing, and working memory.
Alice's advanced intellect means she is one of the "top one per cent", matching that of Hawking, who has never officially revealed his IQ, but which is estimated to be between 160 and 165.
She already spends her spare time reading Aesop's fables and other fairytales, also enjoying singing, dancing, painting, crafts and reading. "We are delighted that Alice has joined the society," CEO of British Mensa, John Stevenage, said. Alice was admitted to Mensa after her parents submitted a report by British psychologist Professor Joan Freeman.
Her IQ of 162 ranks her higher than a list of the world's greatest luminaries like former US presidents Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Franklin.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress