Girl jumps out of autorickshaw to escape molester, injured
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
A 22-year-old girl was injured as she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw after a man allegedly tried to molest her here, police said today.
The girl, working as a software engineer, hired a shared autorickshaw to Ameerpet from Madhapur hi-tech city at around 7.45 PM yesterday, a senior police official of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate said.
While three-four of the co-passengers got off at their destinations on way, a man seated with her tried to hold her hand when the vehicle was near Gachibowly. The autorickshaw driver also took another direction instead of proceeding towards Ameerpet, he said.
Realising that something was amiss, the girl jumped out of the autorickshaw and sent an SMS to her friend, who alerted police, the official said. A passerby, who found the girl lying on the road near Gachibowly, took her to a nearby hospital and he too called the police.
The girl suffered head injuries and was admitted to a hospital, he said.She was today shifted to a corporate hospital where her condition was stated to be out of danger, the officialsaid, adding that a case has been registered and efforts were on to nab the man and the autorickshaw driver.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today