Girl jumps out of autorickshaw to escape molester, injured
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RCB vs MI: MI in deep trouble against RCB
A 22-year-old girl was injured as she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw after a man allegedly tried to molest her here, police said today.
The girl, working as a software engineer, hired a shared autorickshaw to Ameerpet from Madhapur hi-tech city at around 7.45 PM yesterday, a senior police official of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate said.
While three-four of the co-passengers got off at their destinations on way, a man seated with her tried to hold her hand when the vehicle was near Gachibowly. The autorickshaw driver also took another direction instead of proceeding towards Ameerpet, he said.
Realising that something was amiss, the girl jumped out of the autorickshaw and sent an SMS to her friend, who alerted police, the official said. A passerby, who found the girl lying on the road near Gachibowly, took her to a nearby hospital and he too called the police.
The girl suffered head injuries and was admitted to a hospital, he said.She was today shifted to a corporate hospital where her condition was stated to be out of danger, the officialsaid, adding that a case has been registered and efforts were on to nab the man and the autorickshaw driver.