Girl jumps out of autorickshaw to escape molester, injured
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A 22-year-old girl was injured as she jumped out of a moving autorickshaw after a man allegedly tried to molest her here, police said today.
The girl, working as a software engineer, hired a shared autorickshaw to Ameerpet from Madhapur hi-tech city at around 7.45 PM yesterday, a senior police official of Cyberabad Police Commissionerate said.
While three-four of the co-passengers got off at their destinations on way, a man seated with her tried to hold her hand when the vehicle was near Gachibowly. The autorickshaw driver also took another direction instead of proceeding towards Ameerpet, he said.
Realising that something was amiss, the girl jumped out of the autorickshaw and sent an SMS to her friend, who alerted police, the official said. A passerby, who found the girl lying on the road near Gachibowly, took her to a nearby hospital and he too called the police.