Girl kidnapping case: Police keen on DNA samples of Nishan Singh
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
Punjab police has sought a local court's approval for seeking DNA samples of the prime accused in the alleged kidnapping of a girl from Faridkot and asked the court to reconsider its decision to send her to Nari Niketan at Jalandhar.
As Nishan Singh is facing at least 18 criminal cases, police have been seeking his repeated remand and also sought the court's permission for taking his DNA samples.
Besides, they have moved the local court yesterday asking it to reconsider its decision of sending the girl to Nari Niketan after her refusal to go to home, police said on Monday.
Meanwhile, police have arrested Nishan Singh's mother Navjot Kaur and their family friend Dimpy Samra last night.
Following the arrest of Navjot Kaur police also arrested a Moga resident Pankaj Gautam for facilitating the escape of the girl along with the boy.
Police have arrested all the 18 identified accused in this case.
The 15-year-old girl was allegedly abducted by Nishan Singh at gunpoint in public view from her residence on September 24 following which the Punjab government faced much flak in handling the case.
The girl was later traced with Nishan from Goa. After her medical examination late last month, police had already added section of rape in charges filed against Nishan Singh.