Girl killed by neighbour on being stopped urinating publicly
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
A teenage girl was shot dead and her mother injured when they objected to their neighbour urinating in front of their house at Hazrat Nizamuddin in south-east Delhi.
The incident occurred late last night when the 17-year-old girl's mother, Sadmani, noticed their neighbour urinating in front of their house and raised an objection, leading to an argument between the two, police said.
Hearing the commotion, the girl, Binno, a Class XI student came out. Later, in a fit of rage the neighbour, Javed, allegedly opened fire at them.
Sadmani (41) received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, police said.
The two were taken to hospital where Binno was declared brought dead, they said.