Girl killed by neighbour on being stopped urinating publicly
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A teenage girl was shot dead and her mother injured when they objected to their neighbour urinating in front of their house at Hazrat Nizamuddin in south-east Delhi.
The incident occurred late last night when the 17-year-old girl's mother, Sadmani, noticed their neighbour urinating in front of their house and raised an objection, leading to an argument between the two, police said.
Hearing the commotion, the girl, Binno, a Class XI student came out. Later, in a fit of rage the neighbour, Javed, allegedly opened fire at them.
Sadmani (41) received one bullet injury while her daughter received two in her abdomen, police said.
The two were taken to hospital where Binno was declared brought dead, they said.
After firing, Javed fled the scene.