Girl killed for refusing marriage proposal
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut loses way
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Kejriwalâs first UP rally lays ground for Modi vs him
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- PM heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
A Class XII girl was reportedly stabbed to death after she turned down a marriage proposal.
The incident took place in Purushottampur in Bankura. The girl, 18-year-old Samapti Mondal, was reportedly regularly disturbed by two youths, Babu Ghosh and Partha Mondal alias Payel.
The duo also pelted stones at her when she was returning home, police said. Although it didn't hurt her, it led to trouble between them and her family members.
This morning, as she was going for her tuition, the two stopped her and Partha proposed to her. "She refused, saying she was not ready for marriage and was concentrating on studies. The boys asked her to come to a nearby temple and take oath that she would marry Partha whenever she decides it was time. When she refused that too, Partha stabbed her. She received wounds on her neck and arm," said an official of Beliator police station, where a complaint was later filed. The boys left her wounded. Her family was informed and they rushed her to hospital, where she died.
Police arrested Partha Mondal but Babu Ghosh is absconding.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today