Girl raped by Chief Medical Officer near Delhi's Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital here was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said today.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital yesterday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested last night from Seelampur where he resides.