Girl raped by Chief Medical Officer near Delhi's Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital here was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said today.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital yesterday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested last night from Seelampur where he resides.