Girl raped by Chief Medical Officer near Delhi's Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital here was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said today.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital yesterday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape.
Singh was arrested last night from Seelampur where he resides.