Girl raped by Chief Medical Officer near Delhi's Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
A 51-year-old Chief Medical Officer of a government hospital here was arrested on charges of raping a 21-year-old patient after luring her into a clinic on the pretext of undergoing ultrasound scanning, police said today.
Narendra Singh, CMO of Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital, advised the patient to undergo an ultrasound examination and took her to a clinic near the hospital yesterday, police said.
He allegedly raped her after giving her soft drink laced with sedatives.
She later approached police and a medical examination confirmed rape.