Girl raped by two at gunpoint in Bihar district
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two youths of her village at gunpoint in Samastipur. The accused were arrested. The police said the incident took place on Friday evening when the Plus Two student was returning to her Basudevpur village (under Kalyanpur police station) after taking tuition from Samastipur town at around 4.30 pm. The two village youths in their late 20s, both married, waylaid the girl, who was riding a bicycle,and detained her illegally throughout Friday night and raped her at gunpoint.
The girl managed to flee the spot on Saturday and went to Sadar sub-divisional police officer Rajesh Kumar, who asked Kalyanpur police to immediately register case of rape and illegal detention.
Sadar SDPO Rajesk Kumar said the police conducted medical test of the victim and also recorded her statement. The accused, identified as Sunil Kumar and Vijendra Kumar, were arrested after raids on Sunday.