Girl raped by two at gunpoint in Bihar district
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two youths of her village at gunpoint in Samastipur. The accused were arrested. The police said the incident took place on Friday evening when the Plus Two student was returning to her Basudevpur village (under Kalyanpur police station) after taking tuition from Samastipur town at around 4.30 pm. The two village youths in their late 20s, both married, waylaid the girl, who was riding a bicycle,and detained her illegally throughout Friday night and raped her at gunpoint.
The girl managed to flee the spot on Saturday and went to Sadar sub-divisional police officer Rajesh Kumar, who asked Kalyanpur police to immediately register case of rape and illegal detention.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.