Girl raped by two at gunpoint in Bihar district
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
A 17-year-old girl was allegedly raped by two youths of her village at gunpoint in Samastipur. The accused were arrested. The police said the incident took place on Friday evening when the Plus Two student was returning to her Basudevpur village (under Kalyanpur police station) after taking tuition from Samastipur town at around 4.30 pm. The two village youths in their late 20s, both married, waylaid the girl, who was riding a bicycle,and detained her illegally throughout Friday night and raped her at gunpoint.
The girl managed to flee the spot on Saturday and went to Sadar sub-divisional police officer Rajesh Kumar, who asked Kalyanpur police to immediately register case of rape and illegal detention.
Sadar SDPO Rajesk Kumar said the police conducted medical test of the victim and also recorded her statement. The accused, identified as Sunil Kumar and Vijendra Kumar, were arrested after raids on Sunday.