Girl raped in west Delhi, culprits arrested after police chase
- Uttarakhand: Rawat wins floor test, Centre tells SC, will revoke Prez Rule
- Can't deport Vijay Mallya, but can help with extradition: UK tells India
- DU speaks up: PM Modi’s BA degree authentic; AAP says statement made ‘under pressure from Centre'
- UPSC topper Tina Dabi picks ‘big paradox’ Haryana as cadre
- To delink caste from quota for ‘poor’, BJP steps over faultlines
In yet another incident of crime against women, a 24-year-old young girl was allegedly gang-raped by four persons, including one known to her, in a west Delhi locality. Police has arrested all the accused.
The victim was sexually assaulted last night by the four persons after the girl had come to meet one of them who knew her for sometime now.
The incident came to light in the wee hours today when a PCR van stopped a vehicle with tinted glasses in Burari in north Delhi and found a girl and four men inside it. Though the driver sped away to escape the police net, police chased
and stopped the vehicle.
"The girl told us that she was gang-raped by all the four men when she had gone to meet one of the persons whom she knew. She went to Swaroop nagar in west Delhi to meet the person but he took her to a nearby area where he and his
friends sexually assaulted her," a police official said, adding that all the four accused were arrested immediately.
The arrested persons were identified as Mohammed Shakil alias Ali, Mohammed Irshad, Mohammed Abid and Sachdeva, police said, adding that the girl knew Shakil and went to meet him.
The girl also told police that she was assaulted again in the car till cops stopped the vehicle.
The official said the girl, who hails from West Bengal and lives with her relatives in Rohini, was sent for medical examination and a report is expected soon.